Summertime Swingin'


This summer has been a little different from the rest. This time, I've moved with my sweet husband across a few states and landed in Chicago, Illinois! It's been fun to mix things up a little and step outside my comfort zone, but I've never been a huge fan of change. 


Kyle works long hours, I've never been completely comfortable in a big city, and working from home (though convenient) can make for a lot of time indoors with me, myself, and I. I've definitely gone through phases when it comes to my attitude towards the change. I've had days where I had no idea how I'd survive an entire summer like this, and I've had days where I have loved being exactly where I am. 

Changing your surroundings is tough. You have to make new friends, rely on Google Maps to find your way around, and establish a new routine. I've had to maintain a positive outlook and perspective to see this change as the opportunity that it really is.

 It's a chance for me to focus on myself. To reach fitness goals. To dedicate more time to studying the scriptures. To learn who my true friends really are. To find new hobbies. To more fully rely on my sweet husband, and grow even closer to him. 

Yeah, this summer has been tough. But it has also been so, so great. 


In my new environment I've found some fun (and stylish) ways to be comfortable in the humidity. Dresses, sandals, braids, and my fun new best friend of a hammock,  have been serious life-savers. But really, one of my favorite additions are these amazing sandals...get some of your own Plaka sandals and I swear you'll never have to look for a favorite pair again. 















No comments