23 Things for 23 Years



In honor of my sweet husband's 23rd birthday today, I thought it appropriate to dedicate a whole blog post to his handsome self! So...below you can read 23 fun facts, memories, and tidbits about my sweetheart. 


1. You've loved me since the start and I have never doubted you for a second. 

2. You have the most incredible memory I have ever seen! You remember countless quotes to movies you haven't seen for years, tests are so easy for you it's ridiculous, and you will never forget any of the dates for major milestones in our relationship. 

3. You live for simplicity! You don't even want presents for your birthday because you know "things" don't bring happiness

4. It amazes me how you can be so jacked and still cave to your sweet tooth as much as you do! Skittles, donuts, cake, you love it all! ...except ice cream...and that's cray 

5. The first time we kissed you made me a promise you have continued to keep. Plus you were so nervous it was the sweetest thing! You definitely earned that smooch, love!

6. I can't wait to watch a replay of the first time I told you I love you! You practically squealed, squeezed me in a huge hug and just kept saying "the girl of my dreams LOVES ME". Cutest memory evah. 

7. You will always jump at a chance to order a lemonade at a restaurant and you go through juice like it's nobody's business! Drink up, baby! 

8. You love a good horror movie, or a classic western full of scoundrels. 

9. You always put my feelings first. You are so sweet and considerate of me and it is so so sweet. 

10. The first time we ever held hands was on New Years Eve when we went ice skating at the Gallivan Center and my fingers felt like they would fall off because I was so cold but there was no way I was going to let go




11. You are a classic manly man : guns, cars, hunting...but you have the biggest heart in the world!

12. You adore your nephews and will be the absolute cutest dad someday. 

13. You got lost in Washington D.C. when you were just a little boy and found the way back to your hotel all on your own! Through the subway and everything!? You have always had an incredible sense of direction. 

14. When you say something clever you give me this smile out of the side of your eye and raise your eyebrows...it makes my heart stop. 

15. Your dream pet is a falcon

16. You have the most incredible work ethic I have ever seen. You work so hard to provide for our little family and I am so so proud of your determination to always do your best. 

17. You have been catching little creatures since you were tiny! Lizards, frogs, insects, you name it! I've had so much fun tagging along on our frog hunts (even though I'm terrified that one will hop on me) 



18. We go for a walk or hike every Sunday and it's my favorite of our little traditions!

19. You sing (pretty much exclusively) Cattleman's Gun by Dean Brody and Don't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson when you shower 

20. I got a personal trainer when I married you! Your passion for exercise has rubbed off on me and I feel so lucky to have such an encouraging and supportive husband!

21. On our first date you somehow got a skittle stuck up your nose and came to show me when you got it out....needless to say we've always had a very comfortable and relaxed relationship. I'm glad you survived the skittle incident so we could play real life fruit ninja with your samurai sword in the parking lot later that night 

22. You would eat pizza and cinnamon rolls for every meal if you could 

23. You are so loved! I never thought it was possible to love another as much as I love you.


Happy Birthday, my love! I'm sure 23 will be even better than 22. 


No comments